What is it? Sacha inchi seeds (Seed protein) come from the Plekenetia volubilis fruit, which grows at elevation in the tropical jungles of South America. Also known as the “Inca peanut,” “wild p...
Paleo Calzone Recipe
And I thought calzones were history…. Gone forever! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Bacon Mushroom and Onion Calzone!” Ever since we got our hands on the Paleo Pizza Crust Mix and absolutely fell in love with the best gluten-free pizza ever, I’ve been dreaming of making a calzone. Well, today is the day that we attempted it, with Julian Bakery’s wonderful Paleo Pizza Crust Mix! It is made with Almond Flour, Arrowroot Flour, Pumpkin Powder, Dried Egg Whites, and Xanthan Gum…. No wheat, no corn, no starch, no beans, just Paleo products to keep your tummy and body happy!
Since Ali has never even heard of a calzone, we decided to play it safe with her, sticking with a pizza. With one bag of the Paleo Pizza Crust Mix, we took a chunk and made her a small Paleo pizza, and then used the rest for our delicious calzone. Her pizza consisted of a homemade sauce, bacon, and shredded mozzarella. Our calzone ended up with sautéed mushrooms and onions, and some of that delicious bacon!
- 1 bag Paleo Pizza Crust Mix
- 4 oz mushrooms
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 strips organic nitrate free bacon
- 26 oz organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Coconut Secret – Coconut Crystals
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Quantum Pink Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp dried basil
1) Sautee mushrooms and onions with olive oil, add a pinch of Quantum Pink Salt and pepper.
3) Place pizza stone in oven and set oven to 425 F
5) Place ball on parchment paper, and roll out to a large oval shape.
6) In a separate bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, parsley, egg, Quantum Pink Salt and black pepper. Mix well, and then add to flattened dough.
7) Top cheese mixture with bacon, mushrooms and peppers.
8) Fold top of crust over to form a half moon shape for the calzone.
9) Prick edge of crust with a fork, after pressing the two crusts together with fingers firmly.
10) Place crust on hot pizza stone and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
• 10 minutes
• 50 minutes
Makes: 1 calzone
Since I have been fasting all day, I am absolutely starving at this point!!!!!!!! We have this incredible calzone, stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, mushrooms and onions… All wrapped in a Paleolicious gluten-free crust from Julian Bakery! It’s just staring me in the face, but I showed it what’s up! It was delicious, filling, and no after-shock! When I say after-shock, I mean the horrible feeling that you experience after devouring a typical meal like this. Normally, I’d be stuffed, bloated, and you’d have to almost roll me out of the restaurant. Not today!! Since the main ingredients are all Paleo, like almond, arrowroot and pumpkin, I am not even close to needing any assistance!!! In fact, I personally ate about ¾ of this masterpiece, and I am lovin’ life right about now! I was able to grab the corner of my calzone, and go to town!!!!!!
So make sure you check out one of the hottest Paleo products around, the Paleo Pizza Crust Mix! Available at www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo along with your Paleo Bread and Paleo Wraps! And please make sure you pick up the other fine items that were used to complete this recipe. I hope you enjoyed seeing it come together, just as I enjoyed it going down! Thanks for stopping by, and please have a wonderful day!
Make Sure To Also Check Out: