Double your Paleo Wraps, double your fun! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a “Primal Ham Egg & Cheese with Bacon!” An old memory of going to Taco Bell popped in my head this mor...
Paleo Summer Squash & Skirt Steak Sandwich
Don’t be afraid to try new things! That’s today’s motto… This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a ”Summer Squash & Skirt Steak Sandwich.” When Rachel suggested we try these two recipes and combine them into a Paleo Bread sandwich, I thought she was losing her mind. But since I love skirt steak, I love Paleo Bread, and I also couldn’t wait to try these “Summer Squash Pancakes” from Julie Bauer’s website, I realized Rachel was onto something. This recipe didn’t come from her book, but OMG That’s Paleo? does have a similar looking recipe, along with ninety-nine other great ones!
Our skirt steak is straight from the farm, we recently picked up a quarter-cow and we’ve been loving the fresh taste…. And the veggies that went into the “Summer Squash Pancakes” were also farm fresh…. Both are organic, and free of chemicals, antibiotics, and all the bad stuff we want to avoid. Just like our Paleo Bread, which also is low cal and low carb, high in protein and fiber to keep you fuller longer. Yeah, no GMO’s, no grains, no gluten, no soy, which is totally important to me!
Ingredients for the skirt steak:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Quantum Pink Salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak, turning to coat; seal and marinate at room temperature 25 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Grill to your liking.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Ingredients for the Summer Squash Pancakes:
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 small yellow squash, shredded
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- ½ yellow onion, shredded
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Quantum Pink Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (we used grass-fed butter, but Paleo Butter would be optimal)
- avocado, diced (to garnish)
- green onions, diced (to garnish)
1) Shred all vegetables. I used the shredding attachment on my food processor.
2) Mix vegetables with almond flour, eggs, garlic cloves, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper with your hands.
3) Make 6-7 patties and flatten them out.
4) Heat a large skillet up over medium-high heat, add fat of choice, then place as many patties as you can fit in the pan without overcrowding it.
5) Cook 5-7 minutes per side, until pancakes are browned.
6) Top with avocado and green onions. AND MEAT!
7) Combine with skirt steak to form a sandwich with Paleo Bread.
• 15 minutes
• 20 minutes
Makes: up to 6 sandwiches
I truly and honestly loved this combination…. It was a different taste, but the steak and the squash went together perfectly…. Plus I toasted up my coconut Paleo Bread just right, which gave it that crunch that I love. If you aren’t a crunchy person, feel free to enjoy Paleo Breads’ soft texture…. And with some Quantum Pink Salt, which has a great taste along with some healthy nutrition, I feel good knowing that I am not consuming regular table salt and it was easy to add it right into my cart along with my other Paleo products from Julian Bakery!
So please go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo for the Paleo Bread, the Quantum Pink Salt, and you’re your copy of OMG That’s Paleo? for more of Julie’s kickin’ recipes. I was a big fan of this one, as well as just about every other meal that we have replicated and modified with some of the best Paleo items that are available from Julian Bakery. Don’t forget to stock up on some of that delicious Paleo Butter, we didn’t have enough for this recipe, but desperately need to get online and order up! It’s tasty, virtually lactose-free, and made from grass-fed cows (which is how it should be!).
Thanks for taking a moment to check this sandwich out, I hope you enjoyed it!!!!