This revolutionary IKDiet™ has been in development for the past 5 years. It is the culmination of massive amounts of diet information that I have collected from several different protocols. This is ...
Primal Cheeseburger on Paleo Bread™
I wanted to share with you a Primal meal for once. This cheeseburger was made on Coconut Paleo Bread™ which I absolutely loved the taste of. I have been so used to using Whole Wheat hamburger buns or Onion Rolls for so many years that I thought I was going to miss the consistency and taste of the bread. I missed neither. Last time, I shared a Lettuce Wrapped version of a Paleo burger with you so I wanted to change it up a bit. Why Primal? Well, I do know that once I added a dairy product to my meal, it would change from Paleo to Primal. I have done it very rarely since converting to the Paleo Diet but I did want to experiment with the idea for future meals. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on this for meals down the line. I did only use organic, grass fed cheese on this burger so I figured it was okay. But remember, if you are allergic to dairy; please omit it from this dinner idea. So let’s get on with it.
- 2 slices of Coconut Paleo Bread™, toasted
- ½ lb. of ground, grass fed beef
- ½ tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of organic paprika
- ½ tsp of organic ground cumin
- ¼ tsp of organic cayenne pepper (for kick)
- ¼ tsp of organic black pepper
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 slice of organic tomato
- 1 slice of organic red onion
- 1 leaf from organic Romaine lettuce
- 2 slices of organic, grass fed jack cheese
- Handful of organic sweet potato spears, frozen
- Place handful of sweet potato spears in oven and cook according to directions (if using frozen of course)
- Mix all ingredients for burger in medium sized mixing bowl
- Slice cheese
- Form burger patty and cook in small frying pan in coconut oil for approx. 5 minutes, flip once, apply cheese to melt and cook for another 5 minutes
- Toast Coconut Paleo Bread™ and plate
- Slice all veggies for burger
- Once burger patty is cooked thoroughly, plate patty w/ cheese on bread
- Top off patty with all veggies listed
- Once sweet potato spears are thoroughly cooked, plate as side dish and enjoy!
*Please remember, if you are strictly Paleo, do not add cheese to the burger!
- 10 minutes+
- 20 minutes+
- 1 person
I loved this burger option! I wish I had time to cook the sweet potato spears from scratch. Maybe next time I will present that recipe as well. I definitely did NOT experience the full feeling that I did in the past with a regular bun. Try it and let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks so much for reading once again about my journey to the complete Paleo lifestyle. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. I hope you enjoyed the video as well. Stay tuned, and remember to get healthy and stay there!
By: Paleo Nate
Paleo Bread Blog: http://www.JulianBakery.com/blog
Paleo Bread Review on About.com (Click Here)