Want to lose weight? Than you need to stabilize your blood sugar with solid nutrition and supplements. As you will read in this post, I truly think the key to curing obesity is simply reducing people&...
Paleo Chicken Gumbo Recipe
Here’s a great way to enjoy a gumbo once again, Paleo style! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”Paleo Chicken Gumbo!” Straight out of Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry we are coming up with a gluten-free dish that tastes great, and fills you right up! Elana mentions right in the book that this isn’t a spicy gumbo, but if you like it spicy, use some cayenne or chili powder. We would recommend some Paleo Powder for just the right kick, but we’re keeping it pretty close to Elana’s version, except for a few upgrades. We obviously are using the awesome, pourable, and organic Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil; that’s a no brainer… We’ve been using it for a while now, and since it’s also GMO free and there’s no mess, it’s an easy step in the right direction. We also have upgraded our salt to Sunfoods Fine Himalayan Salt, which also upgrades your body with 84 trace minerals. These are easy swaps, which you can purchase through Julian Bakery, right along with your Paleo Bread! I am toasting up a nice slice of the coconut version, which is gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, GMO-free, and also low in carbs and calories… And topped with a dab of Paleo Butter, we have a great way to enjoy bread and butter again…. Except healthier! Paleo Butter has vitamins A, D, and K2, along with CLA Tonalin, and is virtually lactose free! So if you have issues with dairy and want to enjoy some butter – Paleo Butter is here for you.
• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
• 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
• 1 medium turnip, chopped into ¼-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
• 4 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
• ½ tsp Sunfoods Fine Himalayan Salt
• ½ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
• 1 cup chicken stock
• Cauliflower Rice (or use Paleo Rice)
1) Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into ½-inch cubes and transfer to a plate.
2) Heat up the Nuco Liquid Premium Coconut Oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3) Saute the onion for 8-10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the celery, carrots, turnips, mushrooms, and Himalayan Salt. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
4) Add the chicken, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
5) Stir in the parsley.
6) In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the stock, stirring until thoroughly combined. Raise the heat under the chicken-vegetable mixture to high, the add the arrowroot mixture.
7) Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Serve over the cauliflower/Paleo Rice.
• 10 minutes
• 20 minutes
Elana does it again, we were really diggin’ her “Chicken Gumbo”, and as usual I feel just fine after one of her meals with healthy ingredients from www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo! Yes, it’s true…. Me and my autoimmune condition get along great with the Paleo Bread, the Paleo Wraps, and a ton of other items from Julian Bakery. They really focus on sourcing the highest quality Paleo products that keep blood sugar levels stabile, keep GMO’s out of our foods, and are as organic as possible.
So make sure you go to Julian Bakery’s Paleo page and get all the items that were featured in this post, and make sure you load up on the new Paleo Wraps!! They are delicious, hold a ton, and made with organic coconut, without GMO’s! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed it, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry!