Ahhh, the Ham, Egg & Cheese…. What a classic, let’s mess with it! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a Julian Bakery ”Primal Ham Egg Avocado & Cheese Wrap”. I really can’t...
Paleo Coconut Cake Recipe
Happy Birthday to me, and we’re celebrating it with a fantastic cake recipe! This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Coconut Cake” from the “Make It Paleo” cookbook. My wife, Rachel, whipped this incredible cake up for me, and if you are a fan of coconut this is a must have! We just enjoyed it a few hours ago, and it is creamy, soft, tasty, and sweet, the list goes on and on… If you aren’t a coconut fan, now is the time to jump on the coconut bandwagon, because this is one of the best cakes I have ever had, all kidding aside. But this recipe does have cream cheese; so if you are strict Paleo or if cream cheese bothers you, you have been warned. Since cheese doesn’t bother me, I indulge if it’s a quality cheese every once in a while. Especially when it’s a treat like this one!!
Ingredients (for the Coconut Cake):
• ¾ cup Coconut Secret – Coconut Flour, sifted
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 10 eggs
• 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup pure maple syrup
• 1 cup melted coconut oil
• 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Ingredients (for the Coconut cream cheese frosting):
• 16 oz full-fat cream cheese
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
Directions (for the Coconut Cake):
1) Preheat oven to 325 F
2) In a small bowl, add sifted coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
3) In a large bowl or kitchen mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
4) Add dry ingredients to wet and continue to blend.
5) Once batter is blended and smooth, stir in shredded coconut.
6) Grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil.
7) Pour batter into pans.
8) Bake for 35 minutes. Test center of cake with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cakes are done.
9) Remove cakes from oven and cool.
10) Slice each cake in half to create 4 layers of cake.
11) Frost with coconut frosting in between each layer of cake.
Directions (for the Coconut cream cheese frosting):
1) Bring cream cheese up to room temperature.
2) Blend cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla with a hand mixer or kitchen mixer.
3) Stir in shredded coconut.
4) Use right away, or refrigerate.
• 20 minutes
• 35 minutes
• 1 cake
If we had enough Coconut Secret – Coconut Nectar I would have replaced it for the maple syrup for that extra Paleo edge. But since we stuck to the book, it was perfecto! Rachel actually added some organic dark chocolate chips in between the layers as well as to spell out “Happy Birthday Dan”, which gave it a very nice crunch and added choco-taste. I was in my glory when I was enjoying this one, and I cannot recommend it enough!! As the book states: “Our coconut cake is light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness.” I completely agree!!!!
So make sure you go to www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo and grab some Coconut Secret-Coconut Flour, along with some Coconut Secret – Coconut Nectar to upgrade this recipe just a tad. Personally I would order up all of the Coconut Secret products, because they are all a healthy upgrade to whatever you are currently using. And if you don’t have the book Make It Paleo, I highly suggest you grab a copy! It is packed with awesome recipes, so far we have yet to be let down, and it is very easy to read. Plus the photos in it make me want to lick the pages!!!!
Thanks for stopping by to check out this food blog, I hope you enjoyed it and please stop by again!
Also Coming Soon Out Gluten & Grain Free Paleo Wraps (Non-Raw Version)
Check Out This Article: Paleo T-Bone Steak Recipe